Monday, June 13, 2005

Book Recommendation: "Never Let me Go" by Kazuo Ishiguro

If you want to be captivated by Kazuo Ishiguro's new, intense, compelling but complex novel, stop here and read no furthur, however, if surprises are not your style then let me start by directing you to a review of this book by the UK Guardian.

I read this book on the weekend and I found the subject matter to be right up my alley, after all, as a student of the Life Sciences, it was part and parcel of my course in University for three whole years!

I, myself, will desist from writing a detailed review because it is impossible to do so without giving away the book's secrets. I will say however that it is the story of three people, who as children, appeared to be leading absolutely normal lives in a sort of a boarding school in England. It is only as you venture furthur into the story that you realize all is not what it seems and that there is something very different about these three individuals...